Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Now it's time to say goodbye

Yes, you read that right. I'm saying goodbye to this blog. It's been great fun sharing my thoughts on the books I'm reading with everyone, but lately I have found it too stressful to be fun anymore. I have just enough of a competitive spirit that reading became a race instead of something I enjoyed.

So, I'm no longer going to be posting reviews here. But, I'm still going to be reading books, and if you liked my reviews, then come and find me on GoodReads. I've found that I can still share my thoughts on what I'm reading without the stress of the blog. (If it makes no sense, that's ok. It just feels different to me.) And I would love to see what you all are reading as well. It helps me find amazing new books to read.

But be aware that I will only be posting *full* reviews of books I absolutely loved. All others I will just use the stars to rate how much I liked it. These authors have worked so hard on their books that they bravely sent out into the world, and in my opinion, if I didn't like it, they don't really need to know the details why. It just might not have been my cup of tea, or something else that was unique to me and really doesn't matter. Others will and do love those books so who am I to say what I thought was bad? I wouldn't like it if people bashed books that I absolutely love, so I won't do it to others. But, if I fall in love with a book, I will write a full review saying why and expressing my thanks to the authors for being brave and awesome enough to write something that spoke to me so deeply. If they feel enough love, maybe they'll write more in the future. : )

So, there you have it. My long and rambling reasons why I won't be updating this site any longer. It's been a great experience and I've enjoyed discovering this community online, but I'm done now.

Thank you so much to those who followed me, and read what I had to say. You're all amazing. And unless we meet again on GoodReads, happy reading everyone!!!

- Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment